Monday 29 October 2012

ORGANIC VEGGIES


ORGANIC VEGGIES

My Mum came home the other day with a bag full of veritable treats. I am really used to going to the supermarket and seeing row upon row of genetically modified fruit and vegs all gleaming in the supermarket lights. Every item looking exactally the same and so perfect.
Goodness knows the amount of chemicals in these fruit and veggies to get them to look so perfect. But what is offered asthetically is also then taken away in taste. Most of the time there is just a hint of the real taste of the fruit or veg. Also noticed how they go off within a couple of days ……yuck.
Well Mum has got me well and truly converted to the pick your own organic farm in Berkshire. It might cost up to 4 times the price of your produce in the supermarket but paying that little extra is worth it just for the taste. If you want to go that one step further try growing your own. If I had the time I think I would definatly try that options.
But like many of us time does not always permit what the soul desires. I will do a post in the future about ordering organic produce.
In the meantime feast your eyes on these cute veggies x















No comments:

Post a Comment